Sunday, October 7, 2007

Third Weekend

I gave myself the shot around 8 p.m. Friday night. I was concerned as a bit of the meds leaked out onto the band aid. (not much) However, I knew that I had my shot by the way I felt on Saturday.

Slept OK with no major sides, however, all day Saturday I was zapped. My bed looked better than anything else all day. I forced myself to get up and watch tele for a bit. The thing that irritates (oh oh…is it riba rage) me the most is that I am trying to keep this a secret and the people who know that I am going through this are trying to make themselves feel better by down playing my side effects. They are making up reasons why it’s not the meds. That perplexes me.

I have noticed is that I seem to have a “frog in my throat” and my voice is shaky and I feel like I constantly clearing it. I expect that it’s a side.

The weight is starting to drop off and husband is insisting that there is something wrong with our scales. All I can say is that I asked him to weigh in with me the very first week and he has been weighing in with me every Friday morning and his weight has not changed. However, it took three weeks for him to admit that I am losing weight. Good Grief! My dress pants are hanging off “me ass”!

I am eating better than I have eaten in years. I am gorging on fats (YUCK) and the weight dropping off right now. I expect it will level out soon. I wonder if the meds stimulate your metabolism. I am not active like I used to be and I’m eating like a tank and I didn’t eat like this before so it has to be the fact that the meds rev up the system to burn the calories and fat.

I have a feeling that one of my bosses at work is looking at me oddly. I am not showing the zip that I usually have and I think he may have noticed. I’ll have to buck up and put on a brave face at work.

Major Thanksgiving meal planned for here today.
I hope I don’t feel like I felt last Sunday.


I have a wonderful Harvest Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe if anyone wants me to post it here.

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

You must be on the Redi-pen - Redi-pen people sleep great on treatment, Pegasys people often find it hard to sleep. Your boss may be looking at you differently - or not - the medicines build up in our bodies after a few weeks and you could just be a little more sensitive to how he always looked at you. By all means post the pumpkin cheesecake recipe - US Thanksgiving is over a month away, I'll have lots of time to make one for that.

Rose said...

Will Do!