Sunday, February 10, 2008

Shot 21

When I turned 21 years of age I was devastated as it made me officially an adult. I even had tears well up in my eyes. I wanted to be “18 til I die” in the famous words of Canadian rocker, Brian Adams. I had to make decisions and decide what to do with my life as time was moving on for me. It was a mixed up time in my life as it is with so many young people today. It was an era as a female that you picked a profession or got married.

Shot 21 makes me an adult tx’er now. I am in the game and I have to push through it no matter what the outcome. I’ll know by the end March if this tx is even working for me.

My anger at the virus keeps me going through this tedious ordeal.

I am pretty quiet on the forums these days as I am exhausted. I’m there though … reading and keeping up with all my pals.

7 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Just 3 more weeks and you'll be at the 1/3 point! Hang in there, you're doing great.

PATSY said...

Take it easy Rose, you are doing fantastic. The fatigue comes and goes. Wishing you better days ahead.

Terry Lee said...

This tx does beat you down. It seems to go slower and slower as time goes by. I forget, did you test at 12 weeks?

Rose said...

This will be a 23 week test I am scheduled to have done. NP will be away on the 24th week so the moved it up a week. I was not allowed to have any PCR tests from week four (slow responder) to week 24. It's the rule here. I probably won't get the results until the end of March. They are leaving me on this and not even knowing if it's working so that's what I cannot understand. Why are they leaving people on this drug when then don't even know if it's working?

Rose said...

Madame, I cannot view your blog...sniff
Rose

Terry Lee said...

It is weird, almost pennywise and pound foolish. They save the cost of the blood test while they pay $480.00 a week for shots and $5.60 a pill for the ribavirin. Go figure, it's just down right stupid.

My Other Blog said...

Rose - send an email to uncertain4sure@gmail.com and I'll invite you, I didn't have your email address.
Your country is being very cheap with the PCR tests! You're not necesarilly a slow responder, you were just not a Super responder (clear at 4 weeks). But, they should have re-tested you at 12 weeks...but I guess it doesn't matter with the current SOC there. Being clear at 24 weeks is the most important thing, if you're doing 72 weeks.