Sunday, February 3, 2008

Shot 20



This is my new Burmese Girl, Frankie. She is a great comfort to me throughout this treatment.



I’d try to post more, but my life is so boring right now.

I get up, coffee, eat/ribas , go to work, exhaust myself, come home, eat/ribas, flop on chair, fudge stick (my treat that doesn’t wreck my stomach), go to bed, heating pad, fight the kitten for the heating pad, read until I’m tired…and every Friday night, just for the thrill of it…I get to inject myself with a needle full of insecticide. Jeez, I’m even bored with it why the hell bore the rest of you with it. LOL

However, I did manage to get out of the house with my husband to purchase a power generator yesterday. It’s a much needed necessity here now that our power company went public several years ago. The power outages are frequent and long term. I have never witnessed the power outages here since the power company went public. They are trying to make the best bang for their buck so that means not doing any preventative maintenance. They do reactive repairs and it takes days for them to figure it out with all the aging equipment they have let fall down around us while they are saving money for their private investors.

The hair thinning is daunting, isn’t it? It’s only noticeable to me right now as I planned for it and cut and chemically enhanced the colour of my hair prior to starting my tx tour of duty. The thinning started around week 14 and at week 20 it’s not slowing down. I do hope that it will slow down. It seems to be an all over loss not in patches and I was told by a pal who is on another treatment that causes hair loss that it’s a good sign and could mean that I won’t have huge bald patches. Whatever happens with my hair it won’t take me off treatment. I’ll just have to hide. LOL

I figure that most people don’t notice stuff too much about other people unless it’s extreme. Also, if they do notice it most people are too polite to mention it.

I weighed in at 136.8 lbs last Friday which is low for my height. The first time I ever weighed myself was when I was in high school and I weighed 136 lbs. I’m below my BMI this week and it’s noticeable. The weight loss was questioned on Friday. One of my male co-workers commented on it because I hadn’t seen him in a long while. I just indicated that I was on some meds that were knocking the heck out of me. He asked no more and I volunteered no extra info. He accepted that explanation.

I am worried about my bones, though. I used to take vitamin D & E and now I find that it makes me ill feeling so I don’t take it now. I don’t feel well taking anything else extra. I used to drink a lot more milk, but I have replaced it with more yogurt and cheese, however, I don’t think it’s enough. Calcium tablets upset my stomach even when I’m off tx so I can’t take them. Also, my scare with melanoma in 2004 has made me the sunscreen queen. I’ll have to get a few minutes of sunshine as much as I can for vitamin D, but that’s hard in the winter here.

I have tried the biotin for my hair. I take 1000 mg a day and my pharmacist & NP are indicating that there should be no problem with taking it with my tx. .

Shot 20 this week and I had a much better weekend than last weekend.

3 comments:

PATSY said...

Rose, she is so beautiful! We have a new white domestic (5 months old) she is great company too. Our biggest problem is the dear sweet 6 year old Siamese (Tia) - she is jealous and we are having to isolate them - Tia attacks her. We are trying everything to socialize them....but your new baby is gorgeous! It does become somewhat boring - take the shot - take the pills, but a necessary evil if we are to get SVR!
Have a great week.

msb said...

I have a new kitty also, Luci Blu. Siamese. She was a feral cat but not so feral any more. She works the big (115 &60 lbs)dogs into a state of frenzy and then heads to bed. My loft bed. She is especially fond of the middle of it. My hair fell out and all came back. Now that the tx has started again its falling out again. All the usual crapola that goes along with treatment and goes away when its over. Someday! :+)

someone said...

We have some new beast in the field just up the lane... acouple of young bullocks and some older relatives... animals are good therapy and if helps you get through treatment then use it.... it will pass rose.....