Sunday, September 7, 2008

Injection 51

Injection 51 last Sunday night, August 31, and I’m currently working on week 51 pills.

At 51 years of age I moved from a home I lived in for decades. However, the week I was supposed to move I was dinged with a major breast biopsy which turned out OK. Phew! I dodged that bullet, however, I had to keep that secret because I didn’t want my Mom to find out that I had to have that done. I got through that along with the rellies from hell turning up at the house within a few weeks of my operation and moving and deciding that they would stay with me for three weeks instead of going to their designated place they were supposed to stay…because it was so nice and they wanted to stay in our new home. They already lined up a place prior to arriving at my home. I was not prepared for anyone to stay in my new home within two weeks of moving in. My other local rellies were horrified and kept trying to get the “guests’ to stay with them, but, they would not. I was a wreck. I was unable to move in properly as I was forced to entertain and accommodate two people who needed their own beds. I did not have any extra beds so they slept on my couches (…that is death to any couch). I was a wreck from just having breast surgery (where you are NOT allowed to do anything that involves using your arms to even lift a book) .

IThen I got dinged with the Hep C diagnosis when my husband and insurance provider finally brow beat me into having a life insurance policy because I was no longer a young thing and the bank wouldn’t provide it on our mortgage. The first Hep C test came back positive on December 18, 2006 and my Smallville doctor was notified. He was doubtful that I had it. “Must be a false positive, Rose!” Well, the rest is history and I was discriminated against horrendously. I got the immediate rejection notice and my down payment returned the week before Christmas. Here I was going along with my life in Smallville and now I was being treated as an outcast.

My 51 year just kept getting better and better with angst. The health care system was shitty because I had to wait forever to be seen following a diagnoses with a chronic illness. I waited months to get the second Hep C test results. Then I waited months to get treatment which I had to fight viciously to try and the only reason I was “allowed” to treat is because I had a health care plan.

Bring it on! I’ll not back down.

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

So much has happened to you in less than 2 years!