Tuesday, June 10, 2008

#39

I trudged up the stairs on Sunday evening to inject my 39th shot. I felt terrible all last week with no OK days towards the end and it was daunting to inject that interferon knowing that I was going to feel like hell. I read many times that some people on tx do reach a point where they are so sick that they hesitate to inject. I hesitated, but I overcame it and jammed it in to finish the job. TerryLee8 told me there would be OK weeks and really bad weeks so I live for the OK weeks.

I spent the week physically exhausted and even wiping off the kitchen counter, folding sheets, pulling the wet clothes out of the washer were an extreme effort. I was in bed every afternoon so I had to rely on the sleeping pills at night. After the big upset several weeks ago with the NP and my bloods dropping so low I figured I had better take the sleeping pills to get some sleep. I wasn’t too bad for sleeping; however, the NP indicated that my bloods might improve if I get lots of sleep. I jumped on that option train because I don’t want to reduce the riba.

My regular doc wouldn’t fill my sleeping pill script after the NP read me the riot act and I started taking them regularly. That set me off with frustration. I called my doc again this morning and explained to the receptionist that it has been recommended by the clinic that I take these sleeping pills. He called the script into the chemist. I shake my head here with frustration. The medical system is trying to continually cut me off at the knees and I won’t back down.

1 comment:

PATSY said...

Rose - you are having one hell of a time, but you are overcoming all the obstacles. Take it easy - one day at a time.