Friday, June 6, 2008

38 and Holding

I’m working on week 38 now and it really set me on my behind. Last week I seemed to have more energy and I seem to be paying for my busyness this week. I was on my back in bed both Monday and Tuesday this week following my 38th injection on Sunday night.

NP called on Monday morning to see if I have been sleeping better. I asked her about my May hemoglobin and she indicated that it was 9.3…My heart went to my stomach as I thought she was going to take me off one riba a day. She told me that my hemoglobin fluctuated throughout tx and it was still OK. I agreed. LOL

It NEVER fluctuated that low. Crap. I want to make it to the 72 weeks on full meds. I know that the hemoglobin should be low, but I get no reprieve with rescue drugs if I drop too low and they will reduce the riba.

I want to tear everyone in the house a new asshole. I have to keep myself in check, but my reasons are valid and it’s not riba rage. If I weren’t on tx I’d let them have it.

Living with three men and two of the younger ones are absolute dirt pigs. I can handle clutter (to a degree), but I cannot handle dirt and crud. Therefore, I am going to call up a maid service today to see if I can hire someone to come in once a week to clean their mess (bathrooms & bedrooms and major floor slops throughout the house that they are responsible for doing) and they are going to pay for it.

They aren’t listening, but their wallets will listen.

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Getting a maid service is a great idea, perhaps the one you hire can shop for food, as well.

Terry Lee said...

I know what you mean, some times I just wanted to go some where and hide. People in a household just don't understand how sick fucked up people get on this treatment.

PATSY said...

Rose, you deserve a housekeeper. 3 men would be the death of me. Glad you are holding otherwise. Take it easy with the low HGB.

Anonymous said...

Rose,
One man and a dog, even with a housekeeper two days a week is overwhelming. I actually have another cleaning service that comes in once a month until I'm better. Except I hate having people around on my really sick days.

Get the service in ASAP. One more thing off your mind is good.

Koopolo