Friday, September 21, 2007

D Day

We made it to the pharmacy early and paid for the meds. They had to be packed in a huge Styrofoam container so we could get them home. My husband dragged the huge Styrofoam container all through the hospital and when we arrived at the doc’s office the NP noticed us and took us into her office. I was given instructions then I gave myself the shot in front of her. I was out the door on my way to the blood lab within minutes and on my way home by noon.

Self injection … I hesitated and figured I had better bite the bullet and get it done. It was a piece of cake. I have to work up nerve to do it next Friday, again…and then so on.

I’ll see how tonight goes.

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

Your NP let you do your first injection at home by yourself? I did mine in my doctor's office. My P. Ass wanted me to do a practice one with saline first, I said no way. So he did one on himself, step by step, and I copied him motion for motion. You are one brave lady and now you're on your way at last! I wish you smooth sailing.

Rose said...

I edited that post as it was misleading. I did the shot in the NP's office in front of her.

I have to do it. I have to give it my all to see if I can kick ass.