Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm still standing

This morning I am up and having my coffee. I think that’s a good sign. I’ll take it easy today and get myself ready to face work tomorrow.

The sides hit around 3:30 p.m. on Friday and the night was a night of major fever, muscle aches, headache, vomiting (I know what I did wrong ... two painkillers on a waterlogged stomach just didn't do the trick).

Yesterday I had a headache most of the day that was eased up with my water intake and painkillers. I found the extra strength painkillers the best and even though I’m not allowed more than 2000 mg in a 24 hour period I will not hesitate to take them in the hours of need after the injections. I will just watch that I don’t go over 2000 mg.

This morning I had a nasty little episode that is too impolite to discuss. However, the rest of the day was normal.

I won’t find out if I cleared the virus until twelve weeks from now. I will have my blood taken every week and then at week four I’ll have the PCR done and it will be held until I have a PCR done at week eight and the lab will do them in a batch because it’s so expensive. I hope they don’t screw up. They have been known to do that.

Toast & peanut butter with three Ribas has become my official breakfast for the next 48 weeks. I do not like it. I like cereal.

I’m not a great eater, especially dinner. I have to take two ribas then and I do wonder if I can get away with less meal because I am taking two at that time. Lunch is usually the time I eat, however, it doesn’t work out to be the time that I am supposed to take the pills.

The day was OK and I seemed OK. I did my usual stuff around the house and I seem none the worse. It was rough Friday night and Saturday wasn't extremely fun. I am amazed I’m still standing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose
Hope the coming weeks will be easier on you. How about 1/2 a bagel with cream cheese or mix some yogurt into the cereal?
I am rooting for you!
Patsy

Not Blank said...

I ate 9 grain bread and lots of butter for breakfast with a side order of ribas, ice cream at 4:PM with the other ribas. I really miss the excuse for ice cream every day. 6 months later I'm still struggling to lose the weight I put on during treatment.
Get yourself some acidiphillus for the problem you don't want to mention. ;}

Lizzz said...

Rose

Just found your blog, how's it going? I do hope the side effects settled down - I am due to start treatment tomorrow...

Take care, Liz