Saturday, May 10, 2008

34th shot - Backing Up

My 34 year was a year of recovery. I had just gone through two very hard pregnancies in a row and along with that there was a problem at work with funds missing. I sensed there was something very wrong because I was doing the accounting and I couldn’t get those in charge to listen to my facts. The math did not work. However, I did find someone to listen and I asked him to take the books home. The next day he called me into his office and shut the door and said…”We have a problem!” He stayed up the whole night going through my records and came to the same conclusion I had. It set my 34th year off with upset and stress as it resulted in one of the bosses being charged with theft.

I took up walking and lost 18 lbs of baby fat, however, by the spring of that year I came down with a nasty bout of shingles. Here I was a 34 year old woman and I was so rundown I succumbed to shingles. I have had lots of surgeries and pain in my life and even to this day I have to admit that was the worst excruciating pain I ever experienced. I can only wonder how an elderly person handles it when they get it and the nerve pain hangs on forever following the attack. Now there is a medicine you can take to help counteract the severity of the attack, but the biggest problem was getting a doctor to diagnose it. I saw three different doctors over a period of time when it was in the active stage and, finally, one of them took a look at it and diagnosed it as shingles. I just had to tough it out. I think that I could liken it to someone putting a blow torch to your skin and no painkiller would help.

Injection 34 backed up to a Tuesday night. I was feeling so miserable that I was worried that I was probably doing it too quickly, however, I leveled out this week and seem to be getting some better days, therefore, I’ll push on and take my next shot Monday night.

1 comment:

Changedit said...

Rose you are being very persistent with backing up the shots. I hope it's worth it. And you are nearly on the day you want them, arent you? Hope you feel better soon.

Love
Fishy xxx