Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Half-Way There Shot 36

I injected my 36th needle of interferon on Sunday, May 18, 2008. I have reached the half-way point of this “long drawn out life altering” treatment.

It’s daunting from this point to know what is left to be done. It’s going to take a lot of work and I’m determined.

The conflict with the nurse practitioner last week was stressful for me and I spent the days since combating the rash itch. I had it under control and then it went whacky on me again. I expect it was the extra stress resulting from the confrontation and me refusing increasing my anti-d’s along with going full on with major addictive sleeping tabs. I do not need the sleeping tabs every night, yet, and I sure as heck do not need to increase my anti-d’s.

Stopping work has been very beneficial to me and I’m unable to go back for a long while as if everything works out for me I’ll continue to do whatever it takes to remain on this treatment.

I remember discovering my mother was 36 years of age.

My husband always teases me about the trivial stuff I remember and that’s why this brain fog on treatment is so devastating. It hasn’t seemed to hurt my long-term memory at this time so I can imagine that this is what Alzheimer’s symptoms would mimic.

Anyhow, realizing that my Mom was old…lol…that would have been 1962 and I would have been seven years old. It’s odd that I would remember that, but it was the first time that I became conscious that my mother had an age. Over the years I realized that when all my friends would tell me how young my Mom looks I knew it was true. My mom is still a striking looking woman at 81 years of age. Recently, a good friend of mine described my Mom as “pretty”. Imagine, 81 years of age and being described as pretty. Of course, I agree.


My Mom has a love story.

5 comments:

lynzeey said...

Congratulations Rose, halfway! Imagine that.... I worried that you would'nt have the patience to get this far - you were mad as hell at the beginning do you remember? You should be very proud of yourself and what you are achieving. Work can wait.
I hope you tell us your Mom's love story before too long Rose....
Best wishes, lynzeey

Rose said...

Hello!

This is one situation where "anger is good" as I vented all of it towards this virus. I have my heels dug in as long as I am allowed to stay on the tx.

Your days are counting down to health and detox.

Take Care
Rose

Terry Lee said...

Hi Rose. Halfway is the top of the hill, now you will start the long walk back down.


My recovery is going well and I'm so happy to be finished, it truly is awful! They way I view and live my life has been altered forever. every day is a new life. I still have some tx reminders and I have times when I get really tired, but all in all, I'm about 90% better. Hang in there!!

PATSY said...

Congrats Rose. You have kept strong and I am proud of you. Just remember we are all here if you need us
Patsy

someone said...

Half way and I'm just starting.... not sure if I'll be on for 72 weeks ... it will depend if I get RVR or not...well done to you rose you have such strength.... jb x