Friday, December 28, 2007

To Party or Not?

I feel like crap. I think it’s because of the change in my lifestyle the last couple of weeks and all the Christmas activities that I tired to do. Mind you I didn’t do a whole lot, but what extra I did has made me feel like absolute crap since Christmas Day. I couldn’t’ get the legs under me on the 26th or the 27th. I had hoped to feel pretty good before my needle tonight because I was off work on vacation all week. Nope! I feel like major CRAP!

I jumped on the scales and I’m 139 lbs this morning. Not a good thing for someone 5’ 11” at the tender age of permanent 49. I just purchased four new pairs of dress pants for work last week to hide the weight loss. If the pants fit better you don’t look so thin if they aren’t hanging off your bottom. There is one ladies tall store where I live and they only go down to a size 7 in a youth fit. I am not a youth and those hipster pants just aren’t working for me. LOL

Also, we got a call to go down to friend’s tonight for a get together. I thought I was brave enough that I could take my needle at 8 p.m. as usual pop a Tylenol and go down for a couple of hours. I’ll probably do it when I come home. I checked on the forum and Ross indicated it won’t hurt me to delay it a few hours and I probably should wait until I come home to do the shot.

I should try to get there for a few hours to put the crew off the scent that I’m not feeling up to par and not attending social activities. I will be questioned with the reason why I'm not drinking even though they haven't seen me drink at social activity since last January. (prior to dx) I think I can hold my own, however, the friend we will be traveling with did say the day she saw me a few weeks ago and indicated that I looked exhausted.

I expect I do.

Fake it until you make it!

7 comments:

My Other Blog said...

If you need to come up with a little white lie, an over-active thyroid gland can explain the weight loss, also you can say you're not sleeping well because of this, and your doctor doesn't want you to drink until it's under control. If anyone questions you further, tell them you were just diagnosed and really don't know all that much about it - then read up on it.
Happy New Year!

minerva said...

Hiya Rose,

M.E. is something similar - another possible explanation?...if you feel the need for an explanation....hopefully no-one will ask tho and i hope you have a great time!! :)

Taking your injection a few hours late wont make any difference and hopefully a night out will do you the world of good!!

Hoping you have fun, and all the best.

Love and hugs
Heather (aka minerva)
xxx

someone said...

Tell em you're on a Nut Roast diet and hence the weight loss....... .a few hours late is better than a few days late..... and don't forget the important stuff like the riba's....... happy new year....jb x

pixie said...

Hi Rose I like MYS reply....You could get away with this one, it can also cause hair thininng....

Hope you had a good time ....I always think we really don`t need Alcohol to have a good time...

Its more fun to watch those that go over the top and know just how bad they will feel in the morning...

Glad you took Ross advice on the meds I used to change the day if I felt it....

Happy New Year...PXX

msb said...

Yep good ole' thyroid is on of the side affects of hep-c. Or can be a problem all on its own. You are welcome to link to my blog. Do you mind if I link back?

I don't drink, haven't in 24 years. Always told people I have an allergy to it.They always feel so sorry for me. Actually I'm just such a jerk when I drink, but nobody else needs to know that. And now I'm so glad I didn't drink all those years. Who knows what shape I'd be in.

My Other Blog said...

Designated driver excuse!!! That's perfect! Why couldn't I think of that???

Rose said...

MsB please do add me to your links. :)

I'll have to find yours again. I think it's in someone else's blog here.
Take Care
Rose