Thursday, July 31, 2008

46- My Mom's Love Story

When I was 46 years old my Mom received a phone call from a long lost love who was living in another province. He hunted her down and managed to get her phone number by calling people in Smallville with the same last name until he managed to call my cousin who exclaimed …”Aunt Vivian? I have her number right here.” …And he gave the elderly gentleman Mom’s number. He told my mom…”I thought about you from time to time over the years, Vivian, now I find that I’m thinking about you all the time.”

The year was 1943 and he was dating my mother and he went in the armed services. They parted and the next year my mom also joined the armed services. She was sent out west and when she was in training she stopped over in downtown Toronto and they happened to see each other from across the street and they waved, but they had to go with their colleagues.

Life went on. Mom married and had her family and he did the same. My mom was single when he called and he had lost his wife a couple of years before. Ironically, one of his girls has the same name as my sister and his other girl was born on February 14, same birthday as Mom.

Of course, I was shocked and suspicious of his intentions. I am the baby of the family and I was steadfast regarding his motives. LOL

I met him and love him dearly. I immediately put my suspicions to rest.

He adores my mother. Absolutely, adores her.

My 46th injection was last Sunday night and I have had such a busy week with rellies around I didn’t realize that I didn’t post. Usual sides, but the newest one is joint pain. I did mention it to my nurse practitioner and she indicated that the treatment would affect all joints equally. It would be an all over ache. Well, it has, but I get some joints that ache more than others and my left hip has been so sore the last couple of days I have been keeping a heating pad on it. Of course, my right side ache around the liver area and underneath the shoulder (which she tells me has nothing to do with Hep C or my treatment) has nagged me prior to tx and all through it. I don’t know why I bother discussing stuff with the nurse practitioner.

This treatment is brutal.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I was advised that joint pain is a good sign that you're going to reach SVR!

Rose said...

Well, it has hit with a vengeance the last couple of weeks. I had mild aches here and there, but never constant. Of course, I haven't been moving around too much these months to really test the joints. However, my hip is giving me major grief.
BRING IT ON!
LOL