Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Working on Week 43

Sunday’s injection 43 knocked me on my bum. I probably struggled because I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 a.m. on the day following the injection and was up and out the door at 7:30 a.m. that morning. He decided not to clean my teeth until I am completed my tx because my bloods are so suppressed. I wasn’t looking forward to having my teeth ravished by the hygienist. She is rough and I know it would have been a blood fest with the low platelets along with the possibility of infection with the low WBC, etc. Also, the pain afterwards would have turned me off eating and I cannot have that happen.

I won’t have any trouble with no cleaning for a long while because I am a dedicated tooth brusher and “flosser”. (Sad, eh? LOL) The receptionist booked me for the first week of March and if I make it through tx I should be four weeks into detoxing by then. However, if I don’t feel well I will postpone it to a later date, but not anymore than a couple of months.

My Mom came on Monday afternoon and we cooked a lovely fresh chicken. She did most of it, but it still exhausted me. I nearly inhaled the meal I was so starved for home cooking. I overdid it that day and I was very ill Monday night with sick headache and seedy Tuesday with feeling ill and a manageable head throb. I’ve only had four of these nauseating “head bangers” since starting tx so I consider myself very lucky.

My new sides:
I am having some trouble with dry mouth and sensitivity to hot spicy foods. I am getting a slight odd taste that I cannot identify and it has put me off some of my favorite foods. I did notice that I dropped some weight, not much because I force the food into me.

My left hip, left knee and wrists are getting stabbing aching pain. My left hip is my worst problem and it bothered me prior to tx, but lately it’s been giving me attitude. I had it so bad one day last week I limped around. It’s tender. I took an ache in my wrist last night when I had a houseful of people and I yelped. They looked at me as if I had two heads. My arthritis acting up, I tell them. LOL

The constant ache on my right side is ever present and once tx is completed the nurse practitioner said she would have the clinic run tests on my gallbladder. I did have tests done at the local hospital and the results were that my gallbladder is working within 74% capacity. She nearly came through the phone when I told her that a month ago. My nurse practitioner didn’t get copies of this test and when I mentioned the constant left side pain, again, and the fact that my test indicated those results in May of 2007 she was shocked. I’ll take a copy of the results to her next appointment.

It’s strange that I would have “the non existent liver pain” (I say that in jest) because I had no liver damage and very mild inflammation when I had my biopsy prior to tx.

It’s nothing I cannot handle. “Bring it on!”

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

Skipping the dental cleaning was a great idea! I hope you're having a good week.