Monday, July 14, 2008

Chop Chop ... Off with More Hair


This is an Ivory Silk Tree and I shall have one of these in my garden someday soon.

My hair is the shortest it has ever been since I was 11 years old. I had it cut very short last Thursday. It is a huge improvement over the dry wispy sprigs and it is starting to look much better. I think the “fall out” zone has passed and I do believe that I see some spiky bits popping out along the top. I have many weeks to go to reach the 72 weeks. I wonder if it’s normal for it to start growing back in the middle of treatment.


I overdid it on Saturday night so I paid for it on my birthday on Sunday. I should know better, but I was out with friends I hadn’t seen since September and I didn’t want the night to end. Of course, I didn’t get to bed until 11:30 Saturday night and I “paid paid paid” for it on Sunday. Also, a lady that is helping me with landscaping the property came on Sunday and I spent a long time with her and it was mostly outside. I had lathered on the sunscreen along with wearing a 50 sun block hat and I never even had a singe from being in the sun a long time. Of course, I stood under every tree and picked every shaded spot to conduct my conversations with her regarding each area.

She has the same vision as me and I was just too brain fogged to do it myself at this house. However, after my sickening day yesterday along with my 44th injection last night I feel as if I have something to look forward to in the short term. I can have these landscaping plans to investigate for the rest of the summer and throughout winter regarding the various shrubs and flowers to plant. My husband is preparing the landscaping beds for some fall planting.

The previous owners planted “mish mash” perennials from other people’s gardens and let the weeds take over. It was heart breaking that it was let go as I know if people have grandiose plans and don’t do the upkeep the curb appeal of your home plummets.

The landscaper suggested that in some areas we cover it with tar paper and cover with mulch to see if it will kill it off. I don’t want to get into chemicals, but this property is so far gone I might not have a choice. It would only be one small area as the weeds are noxious there and nothing will get rid of them. The weeds are not the same as the rest and it is assumed that the previous owners had them brought in with top soil. That happens, but you have to be vigilant to pull them out. I don’t want the Canadian thistle. That’s one nasty pain to kill. (if you can!)

Must be something like the virus!

1 comment:

My Other Blog said...

I think hair falls out from about week 12 until week 36 - 40. So, even though I only did 24 weeks of tx, my hair kept falling out for months after I finished. I have heard of other people who stopped losing hair and had new hair grow back while they were on the 48 week treatment plan. Then there was Tea, who didn't seem to get this side effect, except in small patches!