Monday, August 13, 2007

Landscaping & Update on Medical Provider

Update! I received written approval from my medical provider for treatment today in the mail. I immediately faxed it to my NP. I should be close to starting treatment now. I should hear from her this week.

As soon as I hear from her I’ll practice setting up the needle with the two demo redipens that the drug company starter pack provided.

I am into major landscaping these days. The main thing to do is get the grass planted then look at it for a while and decide what I want to do. I have hired someone to do the plans, but I have not heard from her yet. I spent the weekend with Mr. Bulldozer and Mrs. Excavator. I have to make decisions regarding the previous owner’s mature plantings here. There are only a few that I like; however, I do hate to kill the plants. The landscapers will be back in the middle of the week and I have to have a plan. I am trying to use other people’s bushes because I don’t want to destroy the plants.

The previous owners landscaped with a hand grenade.

I cannot get my head around it and, of course, my husband has no vision and cannot understand why I don’t like the stuff that is currently here.

These people did multiples of everything. Three blue spruce in a straight line across the front of the property. Seven bushes lined up like soldiers in a stip across the front lawn like a barricade. They propagated bushes and have three and four of the same bushes placed all over the lawn. It’s colourless and unimaginative and a mess.

As the scrub trees are removed and the soil is smoothed it’s looking good and taking shape, but looking a bit barren.

I’ll have a winter of tx to sit and look at the designers plans for us and then decide what I want to do by next fall.

2 comments:

lynzeey said...

Hi Rose, fingers crossed you get your date soon.
What a project you've got with your garden. lol!
Keep positive
Love Lynzeey

Rose said...

It’s a major project. Two acre lot ¾ surrounded by water. I have to get a plan not to block the view. I’ll have a long winter to look at the plans and, hopefully, have nice a nice lawn to view and use as a “palette” to decide what will actually work without blocking the view.