Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave"

Well, I have to stop reading the negative things on the forum. It’s like watching a train wreck; I cannot pull myself away from looking at it all transpiring before my eyes. I want to turn away, but I am compelled to look.

I did this last night.

I read the post about the when someone with hep c dies that it is a biohazard situation for the funeral director and the family is faced with major unpleasant dilemma. I am sorry I read it and I never dreamed that it would be such a big deal. It’s not a nice thought that even though I have a glimmer of hope that I will treat the virus and, hopefully, clear the virus I will still be treated as a pariah the rest of my life and, also, in death.

Not doing too well with my anti-d’s. My husband is noticing that I am agitated and provoking conflict. I am ranting. Yikes! I know I am doing and I have to curb this confrontational change in my personality. I am hoping that it will subside as the weeks progress. I am very worried that when I treat the sides that cause aggressiveness and anger will be intensified ten fold. I will speak to NP regarding these sides I am having and see if there is something else I should be taking, although I did check the sides of the other anti-d’s and they aren’t any different.

Today I made the plunge and had my hair coloured to its original colour. Sniff. I was a wreck doing it as I figured it would be too dark for me now. It turned out OK. Now I have to find a safe brown henna to cover the flaws throughout tx.
Sigh!

2 comments:

lynzeey said...

Hi Rose, Try not to worry too much about reading all the morbid stuff that goes with hep c..... I think everyone waiting to start treatment does exactly the same thing, I know I did! The funeral bit does make you jump though doesn't it. So much so, I've decided not to have a funeral at all, just a memorial service somewhere, much nicer! I spent hours doing research and I'm still learning now. You have to be well prepared Rose, cos you will find that we are in the minority and local doctors have probably never come across the disease before so we have to teach them. Incredible isn't it.
Have you seen the message left by Madame Ye See on my blog for you? It's about your ad's and sounds good advice to me. I don't know, my blog is becoming quite a meeting place for everyone, great stuff, lol!!
Take care, Lynz x

Rose said...

Hi
I’ll pop over and look.

I asked my doc how many he knew of that had it in his practice and he counted 13 right off the top of his head. I was shocked. It’s more common that we think.

Rose